Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sad News and Thankful for the Time spent in Simon's Dojo

I recently started training in Aikido again after a 10 years  and looked up my first Dojo and Sensei.
I  was shocked and saddened to see that Simon had passed away.

I trained at Akidojo Haarlem for about 4 years from 1998-2002.  Simon, his welcoming personality and humor made training at Aikido Dojo Haarlem very enjoyable for me.  I am thankful to have had that time with him at his Dojo.   Thank you Simon. 

It was very nice to see that Aikidojo Haarlem lives on and that many of people I trained with are still there.  

Thank you for sharing such a personal account of Simon's last days. 

Though more than a year later,  my heartfelt condolences to Liduina, Tasmin, Maya and Galen,  and all of Simon's students. 

with fond memories, 

Piet Slaghekke


No comments:

Post a Comment