Wednesday 25 January 2012

Spoilt

Simon had a sausage and an egg for breakfast today. Then he went back to sleep for the rest of the day. Sjoerd and I came for dinner, but Simon was so tired he wanted everyone to eat downstairs. When I brought him his food however, he did start talking to me about how his day had been. Simon had been noticing changes in the way food and drink taste.

I asked Simon if he'd like me to let him eat his dinner alone. He said yes. But then he added: "Unless you'd like to stay!" and I would, so I went to collect my portion of Nel's potatoes with broccoli and white sauce with chicken, and had dinner with my dad.

I asked Simon if he was having fun. A bit of a difficult question to answer of course, so he didn't really answer. But after dinner, when Simon was tired again and drowsy, he mumbled that he was wondering if he was being spoilt. I asked what he meant, and he said "Just wondering if I'm not having too much fun…"

"You can have all the fun you want, dad" "Aaah, okay!" he exclaimed in relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment